Some indicators your child may be Dyslexic
If your child -
Non - language indicators
- Has difficulty with reading and spelling.
- Puts letters and figures the wrong way round.
- Cannot remember times tables, alphabet, formulae etc.
- Leaves letters out of words or puts them in the wrong order.
- Confuses 'b' and 'd' and words such as 'no/on'.
- Uses fingers or marks on paper to make simple calculations.
- Has difficulty with tying shoe laces, tie, dressing.
- Has difficulty telling left from right, order of days of the week, months of the year etc
- Surprises you because in other ways he/she is bright and alert.
- Has a poor sense of direction and still confuses left and right.
- Lacks confidence and has a poor self image.
( British Dyslexia Association )
Contact numbers for Dyslexia support
British Dyslexia Association - https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/
Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific learning difficulties (PATOSS) - https://www.patoss-dyslexia.org/